QuickBooks Error 15271
In this article, we are going to provide an elaborative guide on resolving the QuickBooks Error 15271 which pops-up on your screen.
This error crops up on your system while you are trying to download the latest Payroll update or are trying to update your QuickBooks Desktop version.
The message on your screen will be:
- “Error 15271: The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.”
- “Error 15271: The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.”
Before we give out solutions for this error, let us talk about Payroll service first.
- QuickBooks Payroll service is subscription-based service.
- There are three categories of Payroll service that you can choose from Basic, Enhanced and Assisted Payroll.
- QuickBooks Payroll service is currently not available for Mac Users. Mac Users can opt to choose Intuit Online Payroll service for their Payroll requirements.
Intuit QuickBooks releases regular updates for Payroll services to enhance the quality of User experience.
Occasionally, there will be some cases in which the update process will not be completed due to unforeseen circumstances and you will be facing the Payroll Update Error 15271 on your screen.
This error can cause inconvenience and put your work on a long halt if not resolved soon.
You can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number and talk one of our QuickBooks Experts.
You can also manually get rid of the error by following the solutions given below.
Solution 1: Turn off UAC
- Open the run window on your screen by pressing the Windows key and R on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Open control panel by typing it in the text field and clicking on Ok.
- Navigate to User Accounts.
- Choose the classic view of User Accounts.
- Navigate to Change User account control settings.
- If you want to turn UAC Off, then move the slider to Never Notify and select Ok.
- If you want to turn UAC On, then move the slider to Always Notify and select Ok.
- Reboot your computer.
Solution 2: Clean Install of QuickBooks in Selective Startup
- Often, third-party applications on your computer can obstruct the installation of QuickBooks. That is why Intuit recommends installing QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup. In the safe mode no third-party application will interfere with the installation and hence there will be no need of troubleshooting them.
- Open the run command by pressing the keys Ctrl and R simultaneously on your keyboard.
- You have to type in msconfig in the text field and click on Ok.
- Go to General Tab >selective startup. Click on the box in front of Load system services and Load startup items.
- Go into the Services tab and disable all services.
- Checkmark Hide all Microsoft services by clicking on it.
- Restart your computer by selecting Restart in the system configuration.
- Now, you can uninstall or reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install.
- Retry downloading the latest update in QuickBooks.
These solutions should resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15271 on your system. However, if the error still persists even after following both the solutions, you can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support number at +1888-557-5018 and talk to our QuickBooks Experts.