There are different solutions recommended by us if the QuickBooks Error 6000 77 takes place when trying to open a company files:
We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem. Error codes: (-6000, -77).
Quick Solutions may fix it:
Restart your QuickBooks Desktop application with prominent authorizations may fix the problem. Now Right click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose Run as Administrator.
In case, if the QB company file is saved on the external drive then copy the company file locally.
Solution 1: Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor
Have a look on QuickBooks File Doctor for more information.
Solution 2: Rename .ND and .TLG files
.ND and .TLG are layout files that allow QuickBooks Desktop to get into the company file(s) in a network or perhaps in multi-user mode. Damaged or Corrupted .ND or .TLG files can create errors when you open your QuickBooks desktop. If you Rename these files then it will not affect the data loss because these files are automatically recreated when you open the company file or diagnose the company files using QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Open the folder which has your company file
Default Location: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
- Get the Files with the similar file name as the company file but with extension .ND and .TLG.
Example: company_file.qbw.nd, company_file.qbw.tlg
- Right click on the .nd/.tlg file and Rename it by adding the word “.old” after the file extension and hit Enter.
Example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD, company_file.qbw.tlg.OLD
Solution 3: Use UNC path instead of the mapped drive
- Open the options in QuickBooks by hitting right click along with pressing CTRL key on the QuickBooks icon and choose Run as administrator. Hold the CTRL key unless you have No Company Open window.
Note: Holding down the CTRL key avoid QuickBooks Desktop from Auto-opening a company file.
- Through the File menu, Choose Open or Restore Company > Open a company file > Next.
- When you look at the left pane, Click Network and go to the location of your QB company file.
- Choose the company file and Hit ‘Open’
Solution 4: Configure firewall and security software
You need to configure firewall and internet security settings because you may face errors if your firewall blocks Internet access which is needed for specific QuickBooks programs or files. Make sure that you have updated your firewall to the latest release which helps you to solve this issue automatically else you have to go ahead and manually configure your firewall software. So it is recommended by us to update your Firewall.
Solution 5: Recreate the damaged folder
- Make a new folder on your C: drive.
- Navigate to the folder where the company file is saved
- Find the .qbw file.
- Hit right click on the .qbw file and choose Copy
- Open the new folder and Paste the file
- Put Windows access permissions to share company files.
- Now, Open your QuickBooks Desktop and open the file through fresh Location.
QuickBooks Support Services to fix Error 6000 77
The above solutions are the best possible way to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 77 but sometimes a user may not be able to solve this Error Code by own so at that time a user needs the guidance from QuickBooks Tech Support Number. At their toll-free number 1888-382-9112, a user gets 24/7 assistance and the step-guide to fix these types of Errors if they face in future. Also, you will get to know the best tools which are available to fix any type of QuickBooks Error automatically.