QuickBooks Desktop Or Payroll Update Errors
It is necessary to update QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Payroll. And it is possible too that you may be stuck in the middle of the update process due to some critical errors. These are call update errors. If the error code starts with 15xxx that means you are facing issues with your updates.
In this article, you will learn how to solve these update errors which may appear while updating your QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Payroll. The 15xxx series denotes the update error series and it includes QuickBooks Error Codes 15103, 15101, 15104, 15107, 15106, 15204, 15223, 15240, 15271 and many more errors. So let’s start with the process which will help you in fixing these types of errors manually.
Steps To Fix 15xxx Errors
- You have to run Reboot.bat
- Give the restart command to the system
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- If you see pop up which is showing the install an update notification then click on Install now
- Still facing issue in installing the updates then delete that update and download it again
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop
- Navigate to the C Drive > Documents and Settings > All Users > Application Data > Intuit > QuickBooks > Version XX > Components
- Start your QuickBooks Desktop and navigate to the Help menu
- Click on Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on the Update now button and select the checkbox of Reset the updates
- Go to the Get Updates to download the updates again
- After the download completes, restart your QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, go to the QuickBooks Desktop Update Service window and click on the Install Now
Try the following options given below if you are still facing the same issue
- Troubleshoot the Internet Explorer settings
- Set up Firewall and Internet security and configure QuickBooks Desktop settings
- Install or Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup
Install A Digital Signature Certificate
Following are the steps to install a digital signature certificate
- Navigate to the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Go the Properties of QBW32.exe
- Click on the Digital Signature button and verify the Intuit box. It should be marked in the signature list.
- Go to the Details
- Click on the View Certificate from the Digital Signature Details window
- Follow the instructions by clicking on the Next
- Select the Finish button
- Restart your system
- Run QuickBooks Desktop and download the updates again
Download The Updates In Safe Mode
You can also try this option if you are still facing the same issue
- Try to run your system in the Safe Mode
- Download the updates again
- If the download is successful then start your windows normally and try to download the updates again
QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number 1866-656-1012
QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number 1866-656-1012 is the best option you can trust on. If you are not able to do the QuickBooks Desktop updates and QuickBooks Payroll Updates manually then call our QuickBooks Support team. You will be connected to the technicians within 10 seconds.
They will help you in updating your QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Payroll. They will also tell you the benefits of upgrading your software through QuickBooks Upgrade Support 2019. So don’t hesitate and waste your time in doing the above process again and again. You just need to call us on our toll-free number 1866-656-1012.
Record A Payroll Liability Refund Check
In this article, you will see the steps showing how to record a payroll liability refund check. The liability balance comes negative when there are overpaid payroll liabilities. In order to fix this, we need to create a payroll liability refund check which results in increases the liability balance. To do this you have two options either you can call QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number 1866-656-1012 to get the support services related to your QuickBooks Payroll or you can follow the process mentioned below and create a payroll liability refund check by your own:
Run A Balance Report
First of all, you have to create Payroll Liabilities Balance report then verify the credits. It should match the amount of refund and the tax item.
- If you have credits then follow the steps mentioned in the next heading below
- In case of no credits follow the regular bank deposit and put it in the Payroll Expense
- Assisted Payroll: It is necessary to enter the refund check as a deposit into the bank account in the case of refund is before the period you are started using Assisted Payroll.
Enter A Payroll Liability Check
- Go to the Employees menu and choose Payroll Taxes and Liabilities
- Select Deposit Refund Liabilities
- Type the vendor name who deposited the refund check
- Type the deposit date in the Refund Date area
- Put the first day of the pay period in the For Period Beginning field
- Choose the criteria to handle the deposit:
- A Group with other Undeposited funds: You can add the amount in the holding account. It will allow you to enter the deposit multiple times.
- Deposit To: Choose the account of your choice
- Choose the payroll item affected by the refund in the Taxes and Liabilities section
- In the Amount field, fill the positive amount required
- Click on ‘OK’
Note: Till these above steps the process is completed if you are using Basic Payroll, Standard or Enhanced Payroll for US or Canada.
Assisted Payroll users should follow the more steps discussed below:
- Go to the Employees > Send Payroll Data
- A window will open in which you can see the Tax Adjustments and Funds to be Withdrawn for the amount of deposit refund.
- Send a zero payroll: Sending a zero payroll allows the liability balance to be increased which will nullify the negative balance.
Note: If the interest was given to you on the check then don’t include that amount in the Deposit Refund of Liabilities.
You can follow the steps for this type of transaction:
- Navigate to the Employees menu and choose Payroll Taxes and Liabilities
- Choose Deposit Refund Liabilities
- Type the vendor name who deposited the refund check
- Choose the deposit date in the Refund Date area
- Fill the first day of the pay period in the For Period Beginning field
- Select Group the deposit with Undeposited funds
- Type the amount equals to refund minus interest paid in the Deposit total
- Select the payroll item affected by the refund in the Taxes and Liabilities section
- In the Amount field, fill the positive amount required
- Click on ‘OK’
- Now you have to create the deposit for the interest and add that amount in the Undeposited funds. You can create one deposit with both payroll liabilities and interest included.
Support Services Available 24 Hours @1866-656-1012
QuickBooks Payroll Support Number 1866-656-1012 is available 24 hours to provide technical support services to their QuickBooks users. If you are facing any issue related to your payroll then you can call the toll-free number. Also, if the above steps are not working for you then the technicians available at QuickBooks Support 1866-656-1012 will help you in recording a payroll liability refund check. We assure the complete satisfaction of every QuickBooks user.
Create A Non-Taxable Reimbursement Payroll Item
This article is for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll users who wanted to create a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item. The items for which you can create a non-taxable reimbursement are given below:
- Non-taxable insurance
We will also show you how to add a new payroll item because this is the first step you will have to follow in order to create a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item.
Add A New Payroll Item
- Choose Payroll Item List from the List menu
- Click on the Payroll item button
- Click on New
- Select the Custom Setup button (only in US version) and click Next
- Choose the item you want to add and click Next
After adding up the new item in the list you will need to set up that item under account. We will show you how:
Set Up The New Item
- If you want to track travel or mileage amount then choose an expense You can also select asset account if there is advance to the employee.
- Tax tracking type should be set to None. This will help the amounts not to report on tax forms
- Click on Next
- If you are calculating the amounts per kilometer or mile then the Based on Quantity box should be selected or checked.
- Again click on Next
- Select the Net pay to calculate on that day > Click Next
- Type the Default Rate and Click on Finish
Now after setting up the added item you will need to add that item to the employee’s record to finish this process. Have a look
Add The Item To The Employee’s Record
- Go to the Employee’s Center from the Employees menu
- Select the Employee’s name you want to add the item for
- Navigate to the Payroll Info tab
- Search that item from drop-down list under Additions, Deductions, and Company Contributions and add the item to the list
When you create paychecks then make sure to check the Other Payroll items area of the Preview Paycheck window, you can see the item which you have added in the list. Type the accurate amount in the Quantity column if the item is based on quantity.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
This easy guide shows you how to create a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item in no time. But some users face issues while doing this process because they have not updated their payroll or QuickBooks. So it is advised by QuickBooks experts that you should go through all the updates available before doing this process. You can also reach them at QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number 1866-656-1012 and get unlimited help from certified technicians of QuickBooks. You can also chat with the experts through the QuickBooks Live Chat Support option.
Create A Payroll Summary Report
What Is Payroll Summary Report
Payroll Summary Reports are created for individual employees to see the transactions on specific dates. This report consists of taxes, gross pay, and net pay, a different type of deductions, adjustments, employee wages and contributions too. If you want your task to be optimized then you should run a Payroll Summary Report. You can read this full article to learn how to create a payroll summary report in QuickBooks. But before proceeding every user of QuickBooks must understand a few things about this payroll report.
Things To Remember
- Gross Pay consists of commission and additions like bonus and tips
- Adjusted Gross Pay = Gross Pay – Pre-tax deductions (employee contribution)
- Net Pay is the value which is to be paid to the employees after taxes
- Employer Taxes and Contributions shows the amount collected during the period covered by the report
Create A Payroll Summary Report
- Navigate to the Reports menu
- Choose Employees & Payroll > Payroll Summary
- Put the date range
- Adjust the date range from the drop-down menu or
- You can go to the From and To fields and fill the date range
- Click on Refresh
- Eliminate the columns of Hours and Rate
- Click on Customize Report
- From the Display tab, uncheck the Hours and Rate boxes and click OK
- Now, go to the Pay Period Begin/End Date and adjust the pay period under the Filters tab and click OK
- Select your Report and give a command to Print it
Run A Payroll Report On One Employee
- Navigate to the Employees menu and go to Employee center
- Choose the employee for which you want to run the summary report
- Choose the report type from the options
- Quick Report
- Payroll Summary
- Paid Time Off Report
- Payroll Transaction Detail
Get Instant Help From QuickBooks Experts @1866-656-1012
If you are able to create payroll summary reports by reading this article then give us feedback in the comment section. And other users who are still facing the issue in creating the payroll summary reports in their QuickBooks then they can call us on QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number 1866-656-1012 and get connected to our QuickBooks Payroll Experts. You will be connected to our Support team within 10 seconds.
Adjust Payroll Liabilities In QuickBooks
If you are looking for the proper way to adjust payroll liabilities in QuickBooks then give your time to this article. You will be guided to adjust payroll liabilities like correcting an employee’s year to date information, adjustments in company contributions, employee addition and deduction payroll items. You can get more information on payroll liabilities by dialing our QuickBooks Payroll Support Number 1866-656-1012.
Before going ahead to the steps which will show you how to adjust payroll liabilities in QuickBooks you have to keep a check on things.
How To Adjust Payroll Liabilities
The steps which are mentioned below will show you how to adjust payroll liabilities by your own. Have a look:
- Create a Payroll Summary Report
- Now adjust the date range on your payroll summary report according to your liability adjustment
- For example: For the 1st quarter adjustments the date should be 01/01 to 03/31
- Write down the amount on the payroll item for adjustment
- Now, navigate to the Employees menu and choose Payroll Taxes and Liabilities > Adjust Payroll Liabilities.
- Fill up the date in the field you want adjustments for.
Note: Change the Date as you will see the current date showing up in the field
- The date you enter will affect your liability balance. This date is used by QuickBooks to analyze the amounts on your 940 and 941 forms and on the Payroll Liability Balances report.
- Basic, Standard or Enhanced Payroll: Verify the date it should be exactly similar to the last paycheck of the affected quarter.
- Assisted Payroll:
- If you want adjustment for the previous quarter then use the last day of the affected quarter
- If you are doing adjustments for a current quarter use the same date as the last paycheck
- Now select one from the Company Adjustment or Employee Adjustment you want to relate this liability adjustment
- Go the Item Name drop down and choose Taxes and Liabilities >correct Payroll Item
- Type the amount in the Amount Field
- If you want to increase the amount which you owed enter the positive amount in the field. Create a paycheck if you want this adjustment to relate with an employee
- If you want to decrease the amount which you owed just enter the negative amount
- Now, go to the Account Affected section and choose one i.e. do not affect accounts or Affect liability and expense accounts and click OK.
- To make adjustments for more employees you can click on Next Adjustment and repeat the steps if there is no other employee then click OK to save your changes
- Go through the Payroll Summary Report and check for the total amount
- In case, you are utilizing Assisted Payroll, send a zero payroll from your QuickBooks assisted payroll for sending the payroll changes.
- Make changes to the liability check and make it correct if the amount shows a negative/positive balance.
You can adjust the multiple payroll liabilities if you know the dates of previous quarters and paychecks.
QuickBooks Technical Support For Payroll Liabilities
If you are not getting the steps and you want assistance from QuickBooks expert then you can connect to them through QuickBooks Chat Support or you can simply dial our QuickBooks Support Number 1866-656-1012 for further assistance.
Set Up And Manage Payroll Schedules
Today we will discuss how to set up and manage payroll schedules in your QuickBooks Desktop. If you want to run payroll for a group of employees with the help of payroll schedules then you have to read this full article in which you will learn:
- How to set up payroll schedules
- Update payroll schedules
- Assign schedules
- Delete payroll schedules
You can also get in touch with the QuickBooks Payroll Experts by dialing QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number 1866-656-1012. Call them and ask for assistance regarding your setting up payroll schedules.
Set Up A Payroll Schedule
Set up a payroll schedule for your employees so that you can check the pending payment and the date of payment. Check the next pay date and duration in the Pay Employees section. You will get the benefit of this in the next disbursement.
- You can modify the On Date and Check date in the QuickBooks Desktop Assisted Payroll or Direct Deposit if there is any federal holiday.
- It is not compulsory to set up a payroll schedule
- The good thing is that you can set up to 200 payroll schedules in your QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps To Set Up Payroll Schedule
- Fill the required details to enter the scheduled payroll
- Employees names
- How often you pay your employees
- From the Employees section, choose Payroll Center
- Navigate to the Payroll Employees tab
- Choose New from the Payroll Schedules section
- Choose payroll schedule name by your own
- Now choose the time gap for the payroll schedule like Daily, weekly, Biweekly, Semimonthly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annually
- Click “OK” and check your payroll schedule under Create Paychecks option
Update A Payroll Scheduled
You need to update the payroll schedule when you want to pay your employee differently or you want any major changes in payroll.
Follow the steps to update a specific payroll schedule
- Choose Payroll Center and navigate to Employees menu
- Look for Create Paychecks table and choose the payroll schedule you wish to update
- Edit your selected payroll schedule from the Payroll Schedules section
- If you are receiving some prompts then choose all positive options
- Select “OK”
You can see the changes under the Transactions tab > Employee Center > Paychecks. And from now the taxes and calculations for your employees will be calculated according to the new payroll period.
Assign A Payroll Schedule To An Employee
Now you will see the steps in which you will learn how to assign a payroll schedule to an employee. The steps are mentioned below:
- Go to the Employees and choose Employees Center
- Select your Employee
- Navigate to the Payroll Info tab
- Select the Payroll Schedule from the drop-down list
- Choose “OK” to save
Delete A Payroll Schedule
If you want to delete a payroll schedule from the list of schedules then follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Payroll Center from the Employees menu
- Now select Pay Employees tab
- Choose the payroll schedule from the drop-down list
- Choose Delete Schedule
- Click “OK”
Deactivate A Payroll Schedule
There is also another option also if you don’t want to delete a payroll schedule then you can deactivate that payroll schedule. See the below steps to learn:
- Navigate to Employees menu > Payroll Center
- Choose the payroll schedule you want to update from the Create Paychecks table
- Edit the selected schedule from the drop-down menu
- Mark that Schedule Inactive and choose “OK”
Technical Support To Set Up & Manage Payroll Schedules
If you have gone through this article then you will learn how to set up, assign, update, delete and deactivate payroll schedules. The steps are very easy to follow but sometimes a user may stuck in setting up the payroll schedules. QuickBooks Support 1866-656-1012 helps you in setting up and managing the payroll schedule. You just need to call them at their toll-free number which is available 24 hours.
Set Up Payroll Without A Subscription
In this article, you will find out the steps to set up payroll without a subscription in your QuickBooks Desktop version.
Yes, you read it right, if you have not subscribed any of the Intuit payroll services i.e. QuickBooks Self-Service Payroll or QuickBooks Full-Service Payroll then you can manually set up a payroll without a subscription inside the program.
We will show you the steps required in setting up the payroll without a subscription
Note: You can cancel your active payroll subscription by dialing our QuickBooks Payroll Support Number 1866-656-1012 because if you set up payroll by your own, it will not cancel your active payroll subscription.
Set Up Manual (Without Subscription) Payroll In QuickBooks Desktop
You should check your internet connection if it is turned on then turn it off before following the steps mentioned below:
- Mark your preferences for QuickBooks Payroll
- Go to the Preferences from the Edit
- Select Payroll & Employees option and Navigate to the Company Preferences
- Under QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Features section, Choose Full Payroll
- Now Click ‘OK’.
- Select the QuickBooks Help option under the Help menu
- Now, type Manual Payroll in the field and hit Enter.
- Go to the option Calculate payroll manually.
- Click on the manual payroll calculations link, you can find that link in the Set your company files to use the manual payroll calculations
- Now, choose Set my company file to use manual calculations link (Note: you will see zero amount for each payroll).
- Restart your QuickBooks Desktop.
Things To Be Noted
- You must sign up for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll if you want to restore payroll tax calculations in your QuickBooks company file.
- You can also get in touch with the hosting provider (Intuit-authorized Company) which will help you in turn on the manual payroll. You can also copy your file to your computer and turned it on using the steps mentioned above. After this, the file can be sent to your hosting provider and they will run the manual payroll.
Call our QuickBooks Payroll Support
You can follow the above-mentioned steps carefully if you want to set up payroll without subscription in your QuickBooks Desktop. We also recommend you dial QuickBooks Payroll Support Number 1866-656-1012 in case of any difficulties. When you dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Number you will be connected to our QuickBooks certified technicians within 10 seconds.