One of the famous accounting software in the world is QuickBooks. One can easily manage its accounting task with the help of QuickBooks. But software faces some issues while in operation and also every software needs to be updated for the better use. Today, we will discuss QuickBooks Error 15215.
QuickBooks Error 15215 is an update error, which means error code 15215 will appear on your screen while updating your QuickBooks Desktop. That is why it belongs to the family of QuickBooks Update Errors. Below we have shared the error code format so that you can identify it when you are in the same situation:
Maintenance Release Update Error 15215: QuickBooks could not verify the digital signature for the update file.
The Update is necessary because it is released by Intuit. And in this update process, you may fall into some errors that restrict you from updating the software successfully. It is advised by QuickBooks Experts that you should read this full article if you want to know, How to fix QuickBooks Error 15215. You can also get in touch with the technicians available at QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number 1888-382-9112.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15215
Below are the three solutions, you can try each of them and fix your QuickBooks Error 15215.
Solution 1: Install The Digital Signature Certificate
If you have missing digital signature certificates then you have to install the digital signature certificate. This will allow you to download the updates successfully. Follow the steps below:
- Go to C:/Drive > Program Files > Intuit > QuickBooks
- Search for exe file and open it details
- Now select View Certificate
- Choose Install Certificate and follow the on-screen instructions
- Click on Finish button and restart your system
- Try to download the QuickBooks updates now
Solution 2: Issue With Internet Explorer Settings
You have to check for your internet explorer settings also, sometimes QuickBooks Error Code 15215 appears due to inappropriate internet settings. Follow the below steps to check the settings:
- Run Internet Explorer > Go to com > File menu
- From the drop-down list, Click on Properties
- Look for Connection option & check for the number located at the left of the bit encryption
- If you the number below 128 then your internet explorer is facing some issues
Note: It is advised by us to update your internet explorer or reinstall it.
Now go ahead and change the settings of your Internet Explorer
- Run Internet Explorer and go to the Gear icon
- Search for the Internet Options
- Click on the Connection tab and choose LAN Settings
- Select the Automatically Detect Settings box and de-select the Proxy Servers options
- Save the changes and navigate to the Advanced Tab
- Select the SSL 2.0 & SSL 3.0 options and verify the publisher’s certificate option
- Look at the bottom in the Advanced Tab and de-select the TLS 1.2 box
Solution 3: Configure The Firewall Settings
The firewall settings may be creating issues while downloading the QuickBooks updates. You can configure the firewall settings of your system by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Control Panel
- Look for System and Security option and select Windows Firewall
- Highlight the Inbound Rules in the Advanced Settings
- Do right click on Inbound Rules and choose New Rule from the list
- In the field, type Port
- Choose TCP from the first set of radio buttons. You have to switch the second radio button to specific local ports. Add the following ports mentioned below:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- Follow the proper order and choose Next
- Select Allow the Connection option and click on Next
- Select the Network type
- Mention the specific name to that rule and click on Finish
- Follow the same steps for the Outbound Rules
Technical Support For QuickBooks Error 15215
Follow the above-mentioned steps properly to fix QuickBooks Error 15215 manually. If you don’t have enough time then you can call on QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1888-382-9112 and take help from our certified QuickBooks Technicians.
For payroll related issues you can get in touch with the QuickBooks payroll experts by dialing QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number 1888-382-9112. Our payroll experts are working 24×7 to help QuickBooks users.