QuickBooks is the most trustworthy accounting software in today’s world. Because of its advanced tools and more features, QuickBooks has become the most used accounting software in the United States and Canada. Many small and medium business organizations are doing their daily financial transactions with the help of QuickBooks only. But the software requires proper internet connection, system requirements and required updates to work it fine. If any of them is unavailable then it may face certain types of errors. One of the update errors we will talk about today is QuickBooks Error 15106.
If you see this QuickBooks Error Code 15106 on your screen while updating your QuickBooks Payroll then you need to follow the steps which we have discussed below or you can get connected to our QuickBooks Support team.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15106
QuickBooks Error 15106 comes up on your screen when you trying to download the update for your payroll in any QuickBooks version. The message which you will see on your screen is “The Update Program cannot be opened” or “Your QuickBooks isn’t able to update because the downloaded files have been corrupted”. See the example we have shared below:
Now read the following causes of QuickBooks Update Error 15106:
- Spy Sweeper making difficult for the QuickBooks software to download the updates
- If you are not logged in as Administrator then you don’t have any rights to make the changes in the software. In this case, QuickBooks Error 15106 appears.
Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error 15106
- You should be login as Administrator
- Verify that the Spy Sweeper is ON. To do so, follow the steps
- Run Task Manager by pressing CTRL, ALT & ESC together from the keyboard
- Go to More details
- Search for SpySweeper.exe in the list
- You can also uninstall the SpySweeper software if it is causing QuickBooks Error 15106
- If you logged in as Admin and can’t find SpySweeper.exe in the list then you need to Reset the Update. To do so follow the steps:
- Navigate to the C: drive>Program Files>Common Files>Intuit>QuickBooksXX(version)>Components
- Look for downloadqb <nN> and rename it to the “download <nn>.OLD
- You can also Run a Clean Install
- Uninstall your QuickBooks Desktop
- Rename the installations files
- Re-install your QuickBooks
Contact Our Technical Support Team
You can try the above steps as they are given in the order. You will surely get the fix to your QuickBooks Error 15106. One more option you can rely upon i.e. QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number 1888-382-9112 where you can speak to the dedicated QuickBooks Experts who will listen to your problem and provides you the best solution which leads to saving your precious time. You just need to dial this toll-free number 1888-382-9112 and get connected to them. The good thing is that the waiting time is only 10 seconds. Don’t Hesitate, just pick up your cell phone and call now.