QuickBooks Desktop has so many features that makes accounting ease. However, at the same time it have various error codes and issues as well that can hinder your work flow easily. There are multiple categories and error series such as QuickBooks 6000 error series, QuickBooks 15000 error series etc. QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001 is one such error which is a company file error. This error restricts you from opening the company file and it comes up with the following error message:
QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…
If you are also getting the QuickBooks Error Code 6073, 99001 while trying to open the company file then this article can be very helpful for you as we will be providing you the solution for this error. You can also contact us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-557-5018 to get an instant solution for your issues.
What Causes The Error Code 6073, 99001?
The error code 6073, 99001 can be caused due to the following reasons:
- The company file you are trying to open is already opened on another system in Single-User mode.
- The company file you are trying to open is located in a read-only network folder.
- The company files are already hosted on a Linux server and multiple users are signed in to the shared folder.
- The file you are opening is already being used on a remote software but the hosting system sees that the user is still logged in.
- Damaged QuickBooks company file.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6073, 99001?
Step 1: Use The QuickBooks File Doctor
Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to resolve basic QuickBooks data damages.
- Run the tool and from the first window, choose your QuickBooks company file from the drop-down list. To locate your file, you can also click on Browse.
- Decide what you want to scan:
- If you see a specific Error 6000 (-6073, 99001, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130), Click on Check your file and network and then click on Continue. The scan will start and it may take some time depending on your file size.
- Click on Workstation if your system is connected to a network but your company files. If your are asked to share your company file, click on No.
- Click on Server if your system is hosting your QuickBooks company file. You need to choose this option only if you use QuickBooks in single user mode. If you are asked to share your company file, click on Yes.
Once the scan finishes run QuickBooks and then your company file. If the issue is still around, go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Manually Resolve The Error -6073, -99001
If the company file is open in Single User mode in another workstation
- Close QuickBooks in all the connected systems.
- Open your QuickBooks company file on the Host
- From the File menu of QuickBooks, click on Switch to Multi-user mode.
- If the error is still occurring, restart all the connected workstations.
If the company file is open in Single User mode on the Host computer.
- From the File menu of QuickBooks, click on Close Company.
- Try to open the QuickBooks company file again by going into File > Open or Restore Company>Select Open a company file
- Click on Next and then select your company file.
- Click on Open file in multi-user mode and then Open.
If your company file is located in a read-only network folder
- Open your hosting system and then go to the folder where your QuickBooks Company Files are stored.
- Right-click on the folder and click on Properties from the drop-down list.
- Navigate to the Security tab and choose the user that is having log in issues.
- Click on Edit option and then mark the Allow to provide Full control.
- Click on Apply, then OK.
If the computer is being accessed remotely via LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC
- From the Processes tab,locate the processes related to the user in which the issue is occurring.
- Now, restart your system.
Resolve QuickBooks Company File Errors
The provided steps should allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error -6073, 99001 and then you should be able to open your QuickBooks company file. In case if you couldn’t resolve the error by the provided steps or you are having some issues while performing the solutions then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-557-5018 and get instant solution for all your QuickBooks errors and issues from our payrollhelp.us experts.
Submit your review