QuickBooks is an accounting software that helps you in business functions. As an accounting software, it performs all the functions related to business accounting. You can pay to employees, vendor, do payroll, track inventories, make tax payments. Users want their software should work perfectly all the time. But sometimes due to technical reasons, you may encounter an error that can slow down your workflow. In this article we will be discussing QuickBooks Error 80070057 when this error code appears on your screen; it will give you a message which is given below:
Error: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect
You do not have sufficient permissions to delete files in the specified folder. To use QuickBooks in a multi-user environment, you must have read/write access and create/delete rights to the folder where the company file is stored.
Below are the causes and solutions to fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 are given if you have enough time to fix it on your own then you can proceed. Otherwise, contact QuickBooks Experts by dialing QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-557-5018 anytime and get instant support for QuickBooks related issues.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 80070057 To Appear On Your Screen
- You mistakenly open the QuickBooks company file by double-clicking on it. The proper way to open the company file is from inside the QuickBooks Desktop
- Your system is not connected to any internet and you have opened the QuickBooks company file without Internet
- There is an error while installing the QuickBooks software and you have ignored it
- Maybe your QuickBooks Company file data got damaged
- Third-party applications attack your QuickBooks or your system
Solutions For QuickBooks Error 80070057
There are 6 methods that you can implement to troubleshoot Error Code 80070057. We advised you to follow them carefully and properly.
Warning: You may lose your data if you execute any of the steps incorrectly
Method 1: Log in as an Administrator
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the drop-down by pressing right-click from the mouse on it
- Click on Run as an Administrator
Method 2: Run QuickBooks After Log In As Admin
- Run QuickBooks as an administrator
- Choose the version of QuickBooks you want to open
- Double click on the QuickBooks company file you want to open
Method 3: Move The QB Company File Folder To C: Drive
Try to move the QuickBooks file folder to the C: drive of your computers system. This will allow all computer over the network to access the file. So that you will not face any error code related to your QuickBooks company files.
Method 4: Update Your QuickBooks To The Latest Editions
- Run QuickBooks and navigate to the Help menu
- Click on the option Update QuickBooks
- Then click on the Update Now tab to upgrade your QuickBooks to the latest editions
Method 5: Use The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor can be used to repair errors present in QuickBooks software. We recommend using this tool if you have downloaded into your system. This will automatically detect the problem and fix it on your own.
Method 6: Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057 Manually
Now, follow the given steps very carefully, one wrong step can result in data loss. You can get in touch with technicians of payrollhelp.us. We have a separate team of QuickBooks Customer Support. They can help you in fixing any type of issue related to QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 1: Rename The .nd File
- Navigate to the folder where the company file is stored
- Now, look for the corresponding .nd file of your QuickBooks company file
- Rename it and add .old at the end of the file name
Step 2: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager To Rescan Your File
- Press Windows icon from the keyboard, you will see the search box
- Type Database Server Manager in the field
- Select Add Folder so that you can see the Browse Folder window
- Select the folder where you have stored the QuickBooks company file
- Click on OK and then click on Scan option
- After the scanning process, you have to check for the issue. If it is resolved then it is good, if the issue persists then get in touch with the QuickBooks Customer Service Team.
Get Phone Support From QuickBooks Experts
We hope that you are now able to fix QuickBooks Error 80070057 on your own. You can call us on our toll-free number +1888-557-5018 for phone assistance. If the error is still there, we advised you to get in touch with the QuickBooks Desktop Support team. They will also keep a check on your QuickBooks health. For more solutions for QuickBooks Error Codes, you can visit our article QuickBooks Error Codes and Issues and fix any of the QuickBooks errors you will face in the future.
Submit your review