QuickBooks comes with a powerful interface that helps you to perform complex accounting tasks with ease. Its multi-user mode allows multiple users to work on a QuickBooks company file. However, there can be some situations when you may fall into several errors and issues that can restrict you from working on your accounts. QuickBooks Error H202 is one such error that occurs when you try to open your QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode or when you switch your company file to multi-user mode.
When you try to open or switch company file hosted on Fedora Linux or Citrix server, you are shown the following error message:
Problem with multi-user hosting setup. QuickBooks could not open the file in multi-user mode. (H202)
If you are also getting the error code H202 while opening your QuickBooks company file and you are looking for solutions, then this article can be very helpful for you as we will be providing you the steps to resolve this error. In case, if you require any kind of assistance from our technical support department then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error H202
Main causes due to which the error code H202 in your QuickBooks are as given below:
- QuickBooks company file is damaged
- Damaged location of your company file.
- QuickBooks company file is not available in the server system.
- Installation of QuickBooks is damaged.
- If the Fedora Linux server hosting the file is assigned as its Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN). For example, [ComputerName].[DomainName].com
- You are using a 64-bit version of Linux.
Resolving QuickBooks Error Code H202
QuickBooks Error Code H202 basically represents the multi-user issue and it usually occurs in a hosted environment. Keeping that thing in mind, we have provided the solutions according to the different servers. Steps to resolve error code H202 are as follow:
Important: The provided solution steps needs to be performed i. If you are not sure about performing the steps or you can any queries related to DNS settings, we recommend you take assistance from your IT professional.
Solution 1: Add the Server’s Fully Qualified Domain Name to the hosts file of each QuickBooks workstation
You need to perform the following steps on each workstation in which the QuickBooks is installed.
- Navigate to the etc
- Press Windows + R to open the Run command.
- Type%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\drivers\etcin the search field and then click on OK or hit enter.
- Double-tap on the Hosts
- Select Notepad from the Programs drop-down.
- In the next available line, provide the Linux server’s IP number.
- Press the Tab key and then provide the Linux server’s Fully Qualified Domain Name.
- Go to File > Save.
- Go to File > Exit.
Solution 2: Edit the QBGlobalAppConfig.ini file on the Fedora Linux Server
- Navigate to the Linux Terminal Window and then select QBGlobalAppConfig.ini.
- Locate the default port range and remove all the spaces before and after the (=) equal sign.
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 19.0||55383 = 5||55383=5|
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 18.0||55378 = 5||55378=5|
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 17.0||55373 = 5||55373=5|
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 16.0||55368 = 5||55368=5|
- Save the QBGlobalAppConfig.ini file.
- Close and run the QBDBFILEMON and QBDBMGRN services again.
Solution 3: Create a mapped drive
You have to create a mapped drive to the Linux server’s IP address.
The error code H202 can pop-up on your screen if the Citrix server tries to run QuickBooks using client-side application virtualization.
Solution: Run QuickBooks using server-side application virtualization
Setting up QuickBooks in Citrix server is a bit complex task that’s why Intuit doesn’t provide support for all the server configuration issues. If you want any kind of assistance, then you can contact your IT professional.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided solutions will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error H202 and you will be able to open and work on your QuickBooks company file. However, sometimes resolving errors in multi-user mode can be a bit complex thing for you and you may not be able to resolve the error. In such situations, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to get an instant solution for your errors and issues from payrollhelp.us experts.
Submit your review