If the QuickBooks Error PS101 is coming onto your screen, it means that the Payroll Update was not successful. You will be getting this message on screen “The payroll update did not complete successfully. Please try again. You must successfully download the update by the deadline displayed in the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Information window.
It is advised that you try to update your QuickBooks as soon as possible if you want to use your QuickBooks Payroll and its features. QuickBooks Payroll is used to manage all the financial data and accounting information like Employees Salary, Monetary incentives etc. If the QuickBooks Error PS101 is not fixed soon, you won’t be able to pay your employees which might create havoc in your organization.
Payroll can only work efficiently if it is synchronized with QuickBooks and updated to the latest version available. Payroll Errors are not to be taken lightly as if the Payroll Data gets corrupt it might make the situation worse for you and may have to spend some big bucks to get the Data uncorrupted. Most common Payroll Errors that users face are Error PS034, PS036 and PS077.
Why are You Getting Error PS101?
There can various reasons for which you might get this error. A few are given below:
- If you recently installed a Third-party software and it is not installed properly.
- If you have multiple QuickBooks applications on your system.
- If your Firewall Blocks the update or the Network.
- If you are facing a network issue or internet connectivity issue which is not allowing you to update QuickBooks Payroll.
- Internet Settings are not properly configured.
Solution for Error PS101
- Re-register .DLL file in Operating System by running Bat command.
- Exit from your QuickBooks.
- Right click on your QuickBooks icon and choose “Open File Location”. In the folder that just opened look for the file by the name of Bat file. Right click on the file and click on “Run as administrator”.
- This will start the QuickBooks Repair Utility, let the process complete.
- Once the process is complete configure your Windows firewall or Antivirus settings.
Following the above steps should solve your problem but if the problem persists than you need to call QuickBooks Technical Support Number so that you can explain your situation to QuickBooks Experts and they can solve your problems. You can dial our toll free QuickBooks Payroll Support Number at 1888-382-9112 and have a conversation with one of the Technical Experts.