QuickBooks is a well-known accounting software that provides a one-stop solution for all the accounting and financial activities of small and medium-size business organizations. Being a technical product, errors are inevitable. Sometimes you may find it difficult to open QuickBooks Desktop application or any specific company file. If you are looking for its solution then you have come to the right place. Here in this article we are going to discuss the resolution of the issues with QuickBooks Desktop or your Company File. If you require any information related to it then you can contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to talk to our experts.
Remember Before You Start Troubleshooting
There are few things that you need to check before you take any step in troubleshooting the issue:
- Verify whether the issue is with the company file or QuickBooks application.
- Check if your QuickBooks application is updated to its latest release or not. If it not updated then Update QuickBooks.
- Make sure that only one computer is hosting your company file. Except for Server computer, turn off hosting from all other systems.
- Ensure that your QuickBooks application is neither damaged nor corrupted.
How To Fix Issue In Opening QuickBooks Desktop or your Company File?
You have to perform the below-mentioned solutions in order to fix issues that occur in opening of QuickBooks application or your company file:
Solution 1: Open the QuickBooks Company File directly from QuickBooks Desktop
If it is determined that the issue is with only one company file and not with the QuickBooks application then you can move the company file to the desktop to sort out any folder permission issue:
- Open QuickBooks File menu and then choose Open or Restore
- Click the correct radio button to choose the correct company file.
- Search the location of the file.
- Choose the file and click Open.
Solution 2: Prevent QuickBooks Desktop Windows From Automatically Opening
Disable QuickBooks Windows from automatically opening by following the below steps:
- Choose Company file in the No Company Open window
- Press and hold Alt Key in the keyboard and click Open. If QuickBooks login window appears then keep holding the Alt Key and then enter login credential and click OK.
When the company file open without any issue then follow the below steps:
- Choose the Edit menu and then click on Preferences tab
- Select Desktop View and click Don’t save the desktop.
- Click Ok.
Solution 3: Rename the .TLG and .ND Extensions On Your QuickBooks Company Files
If the .TLG and .ND Extensions on your QuickBooks Company files are damaged then you can rename them to fix the issue. Follow the below steps to rename it.
- Open the QuickBooks Company file folder.
- Now right-click the transaction log file and rename it to [company file name]qbw.TLG. Same way follow the same process in order to rename the .ND file.
- When you will open the company file then the QuickBooks will automatically create a new .TLG and .ND files.
Solution 4: Copy The QuickBooks Company File To A New Location
- First of all, create a new folder in your C: drive of computer.
- Now open the folder where the company file is saved.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key and then choose the company file (.qbw) and the corresponding.TLG of your company file.
- Copy the files.
- Paste the files in the new folder. If you cannot paste the file to the new location and the file is networked, someone else may be using the file. Ask this user to log out of the file and attempt to copy the file again.
Solution 5: Check the Properties and File Extension
- Open the folder that has the company file.
- Now Right-click on the company file and choose Properties.
- Ensure that Type of File is QuickBooks Company file and the File is of minimum 7MB.
- Click Advanced and verify that boxes for Compress and Encrypt attributes are unmarked.
- Click OK
Solution 6: Rename the QuickBooks Company File
- Open the folder where the company file is kept.
- Right-click the file and click Rename.
- Modify the file name in not more than 3 letters. Keep the original file extension i.e. (.qbw, .qbb, etc)
- Rename the.TLG file if it is available.
Solution 7: Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Program Installation
Try to move your QuickBooks application to a new system and open it. If the company file open here then there is an issue with the first computer with QuickBooks or the computer itself. Follow the below steps to resolve it:
- Run the QBInstall Tool.
- Repair the QuickBooks installation Of QuickBooks.
- Reinstall using a clean installation of QuickBooks.
Get Technical Support
Now you can easily fix the opening issue with QuickBooks or the company file. For assistance related to the above steps, you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to talk to payrollhelp.us experts who are certified and experienced to resolve any type of QuickBooks issue in quick time. Our QuickBooks Customer Support Service helpline is open round the clock to assist you for QuickBooks related issues.
Submit your review