Today we will discuss how to set up and manage payroll schedules in your QuickBooks Desktop. If you want to run payroll for a group of employees with the help of payroll schedules then you have to read this full article in which you will learn:
- How to set up payroll schedules
- Update payroll schedules
- Assign schedules
- Delete payroll schedules
You can also get in touch with the QuickBooks Payroll Experts by dialing QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number 1888-382-9112. Call them and ask for assistance regarding your setting up payroll schedules.
Set Up A Payroll Schedule
Set up a payroll schedule for your employees so that you can check the pending payment and the date of payment. Check the next pay date and duration in the Pay Employees section. You will get the benefit of this in the next disbursement.
- You can modify the On Date and Check date in the QuickBooks Desktop Assisted Payroll or Direct Deposit if there is any federal holiday.
- It is not compulsory to set up a payroll schedule
- The good thing is that you can set up to 200 payroll schedules in your QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps To Set Up Payroll Schedule
- Fill the required details to enter the scheduled payroll
- Employees names
- How often you pay your employees
- From the Employees section, choose Payroll Center
- Navigate to the Payroll Employees tab
- Choose New from the Payroll Schedules section
- Choose payroll schedule name by your own
- Now choose the time gap for the payroll schedule like Daily, weekly, Biweekly, Semimonthly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annually
- Click “OK” and check your payroll schedule under Create Paychecks option
Update A Payroll Scheduled
You need to update the payroll schedule when you want to pay your employee differently or you want any major changes in payroll.
Follow the steps to update a specific payroll schedule
- Choose Payroll Center and navigate to Employees menu
- Look for Create Paychecks table and choose the payroll schedule you wish to update
- Edit your selected payroll schedule from the Payroll Schedules section
- If you are receiving some prompts then choose all positive options
- Select “OK”
You can see the changes under the Transactions tab > Employee Center > Paychecks. And from now the taxes and calculations for your employees will be calculated according to the new payroll period.
Assign A Payroll Schedule To An Employee
Now you will see the steps in which you will learn how to assign a payroll schedule to an employee. The steps are mentioned below:
- Go to the Employees and choose Employees Center
- Select your Employee
- Navigate to the Payroll Info tab
- Select the Payroll Schedule from the drop-down list
- Choose “OK” to save
Delete A Payroll Schedule
If you want to delete a payroll schedule from the list of schedules then follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Payroll Center from the Employees menu
- Now select Pay Employees tab
- Choose the payroll schedule from the drop-down list
- Choose Delete Schedule
- Click “OK”
Deactivate A Payroll Schedule
There is also another option also if you don’t want to delete a payroll schedule then you can deactivate that payroll schedule. See the below steps to learn:
- Navigate to Employees menu > Payroll Center
- Choose the payroll schedule you want to update from the Create Paychecks table
- Edit the selected schedule from the drop-down menu
- Mark that Schedule Inactive and choose “OK”
Technical Support To Set Up & Manage Payroll Schedules
If you have gone through this article then you will learn how to set up, assign, update, delete and deactivate payroll schedules. The steps are very easy to follow but sometimes a user may stuck in setting up the payroll schedules. QuickBooks Support 1888-382-9112 helps you in setting up and managing the payroll schedule. You just need to call them at their toll-free number which is available 24 hours.